Many organizations struggle with internal network sites, commonly called Intranets, more than their public website. In many cases, Intranets are overlooked, even if they barely get the job done. Many Intranets we've seen are woefully out of date, with little to no security, and with no one able to edit or update the site.
Some of the industries and Organizations that use Intranets:
- Newspapers and Agencies
- Factories & Manufacturing
- Medical Centers
- Government Offices
- US Military
Some of the programs we can include in our Intranets:
- Sales & Customer Management (CRM)
- Document Management
- Contact Directory
- Custom Access Levels
- Event Management
- News and Information w/ Version Rollback
- Advanced Editors & Navigation
- Language Translators
- User Alerts & Emails
- Automated Backup and Restore
Every Intranet is different, but have similar goals - to inform, collaborate and communicate among staff and managers. We've built successful Intranets for hospitals, medical centers, non-profit organizations and businesses, all with different needs. We specialize in Customization to suit your needs.
Streamline operations and procedures. How much time do your staff waste looking for documents or policies they need? How do you ensure they're not using out-of-date versions? With our Document Managers and User Access Levels controlling content, our Intranets are secure, easy to use and easily updated.
Contact us today to find out how we can help. (617) 819-5877 or get a Free Quote Online
Some common Intranet Software and Systems include:
The Joomla! CMS
The Joomla! Content Management System is an Open Source Platform that is used by thousands of developers nationwide, avoiding a custom solution that outside developers may have a problem servicing. Using Joomla ensures your Intranet’s core software will be secure and easily serviced by any web design firm in the future. We also load specific Components that improve the Manager's QOL (quality of life) such as Editors and Widgetkits to make editing the site easier.Find out more at Joomla.org
User Access Levels
The most important aspect of your Intranet will be User Access Levels. Joomla! CMS has a powerful native User Access system, allowing for custom User levels. Access Levels dictate what 'Groups' can see.
Control Over Who Sees What
We will setup all required User Groups, and create sample Widgets, Articles and Navigation for each group, where applicable.
Groups can include Staff, Supervisors, Directors, Departments, Managers, Editors, Admins and any others you desire.
Groups can also be added, deleted or modified at any time.
DocMan is a powerful document / file management solution for Joomla. Manage documents across categories and subcategories, allow certain users to upload, download or edit documents. Store documents either locally or remotely and prevent direct linking using our build-in anti-leech system. All from within an intuitive and simple to use administration interface. DocMan makes offering downloadable documents and files on your Joomla site a breeze!More on Docman
Searchable Contact Directory
Contact Enhanced is an advanced Contact Directory for Joomla, giving your Contacts and Contact Forms more options, easier search, better navigation and more visibility options. CE has unlimited categories, custom access levels and customizable themes to ensure a professional look. Easily add and manage your contacts, even includes Import and Export tools to make bulk edits!
Each Contact page includes image, description, custom links (optional), even Map & Directions if you need it. Create separate Directories for Office Locations, Staff, Vendors, Donors, Board Members and much more. Access Control can also applies to Contacts and Contact Categories.More About CE
CRM & Sales Tools
We customize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) plugins and components that let you organize your sales and grow your business quickly and easily.
Our CRM comes packed with features found in expensive Enterprise-Level CRM software such as:
- Contacts management
- Leads management
- Deals management
- Companies management
- Tasks and events with calendar support
- Goals management
- Predefined and custom reports
- User dashboard
- Notes management
- Documents management
- Activities log
- Forms builder
- Data import
- Mobile friendly
- Email inbox integration
Employee News & Security
Our CMS sites come with unlimited Article Categories, with pre-programmed site areas for News, Blog, Custom Departments or protected data.
These categories and articles are integrated with the User Access system, so entire sections or individual pages can only be accessed by authorized personnel. Uses advanced encryption and Two Factor Authentication to ensure security.
Most of the Intranets we've developed required a front page design with News, Announcements, frequently accessed area links, with various Widgets to display this information in a concise and entertaining way. Slideshows, grid layouts, Easy Navigation and even Map Widgets come standard with our Intranets.
- Office-like functions and familiar buttons make formatting simple
- Upload, rename, delete, cut/copy/paste images and insert them into your articles using an intuitive and familiar interface
- Create Links to Categories, Articles, Weblinks and Contacts¹ in your site using a unique and practical Link Browser
- Easily tab between WYSIWYG, Code and Preview modes.
- Create Tables, edit Styles, format text and more...
- Integrated Spellchecking using your browser's Spellchecker
- Fine-grained control over the editor layout and features with Editor Profiles
Advanced, Easy-To-Use Widgets
Our Intranets come with a program called WidgetKit. This suite of widgets include Slideshows, Galleries, Accordion lists, Menu Links and much more. All the effects, galleries and slideshows on this site is powered by WidgetKit. We will program all the Widgets you require.
We also program Quick Access Links to post news, add documents or access protected areas, and program it to display them on the right or left side of every page. Admins can easily add, modify or delete these links with ease.
Calendars and Event Management
JEvents is a well known and loved Events Calendar / Management solution for Joomla. JEvents provides a full events and calendar solution, showing your events in listings or as a visual monthly calendar view. Create complex repeating events or single events, repeating event exceptions, importing and exporting of calendars, a sophisticated layout editor for event detail, event calendar, upcoming event list and even event creation pages.JEvents Docs & Demo
A responsive, feature rich Joomla! modal box, PopUpAholic is the fast and easy way to display news, alerts and information to your visitors.
- Responsive or Static Box: Choosing 'Responsive Box' will allow your popup box to fit into any screen size (desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone). Selecting 'Static Box' will bring up Width & Height options that you can set to your popup box needs.
- Set Box Timer: Adjust this setting to pre-select how long the popup box will show on page load. The higher the value the longer the popup box will stay active.
- Cookie expires in: No Cookie Session, Day(s), Hour(s), Minute(s). Adjust this option to your specific needs.
- Set Cookie Time: If above option is set to Day(s), Hour(s) or Minute(s) this option box will display. Here you enter a time value based on your selection above.
- Delay Popup on Page Load: If No, your popup box will 'popup' once the entire page finishes loading. If Yes, a new option box will show allowing you to set how long of a delay there will be before 'popping' up.
- Get box data from: The 'Above Custom HTML' will render everything you entered into the editor. Selecting 'External file' will allow you to import an external HTML file from your server path (or any other server path), embed a video from YouTube, a Google map, etc. to use in your popup box.
Joomla! CMS has a powerful site search engine that includes an Auto-Discovery dropdown as you type. Components such as Docman and JEvents come with plugins that integrate into Joomla! search.
- Result Description: This option controls whether search results should be shown with descriptions.
- Description Length: This option controls the maximum character length of the search result descriptions.
- Result URL: This option controls whether search results should be shown with URLs below the description (if enabled).
- Advanced Search: This option controls whether the advanced search options should be shown.
- Expand Advanced Search: The advanced search options are contained in a collapsible container.
- Date Filters: This option controls whether the date filters should be shown in the advanced search options.
- Result Labels: This option controls whether search results should be shown with Labels.
- Highlight Search Terms: This option controls whether search terms should be highlighted in search results
Advanced Menu System
Joomla's Menu system is far superior to many other CMS systems. With an easy to use interface, you can choose which menu to place a new link, choose the type of link from a dropdown list, user access level and even the "permalink".
We will setup all the menus and menu items you'll need such as employee resources, documents, forms and quick access items, and show you how to add, remove or change menus.
Backup and Restore
Akeeba Backup is the most widely used open-source backup component for the Joomla! CMS. Akeeba Backup creates a full backup of your site in a single archive. The archive contains all the files, a database snapshot and an installer similar in function to the standard Joomla! installer. The backup and restore process is AJAX powered to avoid server timeouts, even with huge sites.
- Backup just one click.
- AJAX backup (full site and database, just files or just certain files, database only) and restore the site.
- Fast PHP engine backup.
- The ability to exclude specific files and folders.
- The ability to exclude specific database tables or their contents.
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup.
- Secure, Internal Document Sharing & Management
Our DocMAN system has an array of features such as advanced permissions, Access Levels and unlimited categories. Standard ACLs include Admin, Manager, Editor, Publisher, Author, Registered User and Guest (Public). Our Document Manager systems are an affordable alternative to expensive options such as SharePoint, and are easy to use and manage. Setup Categories, upload your files and automatically create downloadable "Documents" accessible to Everyone, specific Groups, or even an individual user.
- Custom Access Levels
As mentioned above, our systems come with 7 Access Levels or ACLs. Quickly and easily add as many ACLs you wish, and assign specific permissions for site sections, menus, menu items, documents, and much more.
- Internal Employee Directory
For larger organizations, having a secure phone / employee directory is essential for communication, and being able to edit it is vital. Contact Enhanced for Joomla is the go-to extension for a full employee phone directory, with options for just a phone list, or full bio for all or just some employees (like Executives). Easy to manage, it has import and export tools for Excel to quickly manage bulk listings, up to thousands of listings in minutes.
- Company Information Notifications
Our systems have Mass Email and Instant Messaging software to communicate with all, some or just one user. Combined with the native Joomla article system, we can create sections only accessible by a certain Access Level, all Authorized Users or just all. Notices, company info, employee guides, operations manual, upcoming events, even snow days can be easily created and emailed to all members.
- Discussion Boards, Forums, Feedback Forms
Ideation and Innovation are critical to a company's growth. We have various options for Employee Discussion boards, Forums, Feedback forms and essential Social Intranet systems.
- Smart Search
Find anything on the Intranet from articles to documents easily, with advanced search boxes that populate as you type.
- Local or Cloud Based
The Intranet can be ‘hosted’ on any Operating System including Windows, Linux / Unix, or Solaris. It can run it on a local network, or we can host it on our ultra-secure Cloud servers. Even hosted on a local network, it can be accessed through outside portals, setup by your IT staff.
- Employee Logins & Active Directory
We provide numerous Authentication options including secure logins, Active Directory authentication, even Facebook or Google Authentication for existing Logins on public portals.
- Advanced Security
All of our Intranet systems come with security tools that detect attacks, block them and report them to an admin. Attacks can come from the outside world (if they have a portal to it) or even from within their network. Too many attempted logins, DDoS attacks, attempting to upload a virus, SQL injections and many more hacking techniques are automatically blocked. Our Cloud Servers have Hacker Blocker™, our proprietary hacker blocking software that actively blocks millions of known hacker IP address from around the world.
- Audio, Video Playback
We include systems to play any kind of audio or video file, either from a local file or online system such as YouTube. We also have library systems to organize these files and assign permission levels for access.
- Mobile Friendly Design
Our Intranets are fully responsive systems, so look great on desktops, notepads or cellphones.
- Easy Administration
We use the Joomla! CMS, the choice for secure Intranet sites. We train your staff to use the Admin interface, an intuitive, easy to use system to quickly edit or add content, documents, videos or anything else.
- Automated Backups
We include automatic and manual backup software that can automate backups of specific folders, files or the entire Intranet system. These backups can be stored in a local or network folder, server or in the Cloud.
There are over 7,000 Apps for our Intranet CMS, and we don't use WordPress or other hard-to-manage CMS systems - we use the platform of choice for Intranets, Joomla! CMS. Contact us today to find out how we can breathe new life into your Intranet, facilitate communication between personnel, and streamline your operations.