If you need a website for a non-profit organization, you may find out quickly that a free WIX or WordPress solution just won't cut it. Besides the web design that is needed, there's also application development, compliance, and components required by all non-profits. Many non-profits are not aware of these requirements, then are forced to integrate them later; and wind up spending more money and time than if they got them in the first place.
Non-Profit Websites Done Right
Trig Web Design has developed some of the largest and most complicated websites in the world, some with tens of thousands of pages, Enterprise-Level document managers, advanced User Access rules and much more. We know what is required by law, and specialize in custom solutions for our clients.
These tools include but are not limited to:
Enterprise-level CMS (Content Managed System)
While WordPress is a descent Blog CMS, the Joomla CMS is more powerful, more secure, has better plugins and a better Open Source support community. There have been many articles written on this subject, including our own in-depth analysis and personal experience with both.
All of our non-profit websites are Section 508 Compliant, and include:
- Privacy page
- Copyright notices
- Accessibility information
- Abuse or complaints contact information
- Corporate policies
- Anti-discrimination policies
- IRS forms
- Financial statements, minutes, meetings and annual reports categories
- Social media links, Open Graph Generators
- Structured markup for correct Search Engine indexing
Over 7,500 Extensions (Plugins, Components and Modules) to choose from
Joomla is easier to use than WordPress, with a more logical layout and content system. Some of the more popular non-profit plugins are listed below, but they include Paid Event & Calendar Managers, Donation and Campaign Managers, Document Managers, Employee Portal, Custom Access Levels (Directors, Members, Employees, Departments), Automatic Social Media posting, Language Translators, Search Engine Optimization and much more.
Outstanding Web and Graphic Design
We use the top licensed theme systems for Joomla and WordPress, never a free template. This ensures future updates and full features. We customize these themes for every client, which support multiple Styles, Google Fonts, Maps, Slideshows, Galleries, Dynamic Grids, Accordions, advanced Navigation and much more. Request a Demo.
We are a partner with Dreamstime.com and have access to the best Stock Photography on the web. Combined with your images, a couple of Photoshop experts and incredible creativity, we will design a website you will be proud of, and use for years to come.
Some of our top CMS systems and Components include:
The Joomla! CMS
The Joomla! Content Management System is an Open Source Platform that is used by thousands of developers nationwide, avoiding a custom solution that outside developers may have a problem servicing. Using Joomla ensures your website and intranet's core software will be secure and easily serviced by any web design firm in the future. We also load specific Components that improve the Manager's QOL (quality of life) such as Editors and Widgetkits to make editing the site easier.Find out more at Joomla.org
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is here at the top of the list, as it is the foundation of every website we build. Optimizing a website cannot be an afterthought, it is a meticulous process that includes content writing, image properties, structured markup and META code; just to name a few. Every possible aspect of our websites are optimized and Section 508 Compliant.
Trig Web Design has developed an SEO system built on multiple plugins, that automatically optimizes every page, and reports changes directly to Google and Bing. This results in higher placement for your major keywords, making it easier for people to find relevant information, attract new members and increase revenue.
SEO systems include Automated META Generators, Sitemap Generators, Integrated (optional) Social Media Posting of Articles, JSON Markup, Open Graph generators, SSL (https://) and more.
User Access Levels
The most important aspect of your website and member portal will be User Access Levels. Joomla! CMS has a powerful native User Access system, allowing for custom User levels. Access Levels dictate what 'Groups' can see what Articles, Menu Items, Modules and Categories.
Full Control Over Who Sees What
We will setup all required User Groups, and create sample Widgets, Articles and Navigation for each group, where applicable.
Groups can include Staff, Supervisors, Directors, Departments, Managers, Editors, Admins and any others you desire.
Groups can also be added, deleted or modified at any time.
DocMan is a powerful document / file management solution for Joomla. Manage documents across categories and subcategories, allow certain users to upload, download or edit documents. Store documents either locally or remotely and prevent direct linking using our build-in anti-leech system. All from within an intuitive and simple to use administration interface. DocMan makes offering downloadable documents and files on your Joomla site a breeze!More on Docman
Upload Reports, Meeting and Minutes in seconds
Our DocMan Document Manager comes pre-programmed with your custom categories, ready for you to upload meetings, agendas, reports and minutes.
Customized User Access Levels control access to categories, or individual documents. DocMan integrates with the native Joomla Access Levels and has optional Two-Factor Authentication. DocMan is a 5 Star Rated App and used by thousands of non-profits, Government office and businesses world-wide.
Google Calendars Management
DP Calendar is a fast and accessible native Joomla calendar and event manager with Google calendar integration. It makes the most of all the Joomla features that any online calendar and event manager should, such as ajax powered event browsing / manipulation, drag'n drop, front end editing, nested calendars, CalDAV and ACL support.
DPCalendar integrates seamless other calendar systems like Google Calendar, Facebook Events, MS Exchange (Outlook) or iCloud without manual syncing or cron jobs. Integration/Import of external sources like Ical/Jomsocial/CSV/Google calendar/JEvents/JCalPro/Facebook events/MS Exchange/CalDAV/Meetup/SQL
Packed with Features:
- Full responsiveness of all views
- Integrated Access Levels, control who sees what
- Nested, Ajax powered calendars with a smooth design
- Google and OpenStreetMap map integration
- Batch editing of events
- History tracking per event
- Images per event
- Coloring individual events
- Complex recurring events
- Upcoming events module
- Map module
- Hide end date of events
- Downloading events to Google calendar, Outlook or iCal
- Event Search plugin
- Twitter / Facebook publish plugin
- SEO optimized with rich snippets (structured data)
- Easy Drag'n Drop and resize in the frontend
- List, Blog and Timeline view
- CalDAV access to the calendars
- Every user can have their own calendars
- Visitors can attend/book events
- Ticket system with QR codes & ticket check-in
- E-Mail reminders
- Configurable booking forms
- Invoices per booking
- Multiple ticket selling per event
- Seat information
- Payment gateway integration to attend events (like a ticket/reservation system) Paypal, Stripe, Wire, 2Checkout
- Unlimited different prices per event
- Unlimited early bird discounts per event
- Unlimited user group discounts per event
- Event invitations for users or groups
- Attachment support trough DPAttachments
- Custom Fields support with Joomla custom fields
- Privacy suite support with action log and and data requests
Private Calendars and Events
JEvents is a well known and loved Events Calendar / Management solution for Joomla. JEvents provides a full events and calendar solution, showing your events in listings or as a visual monthly calendar view. Create complex repeating events or single events, repeating event exceptions, importing and exporting of calendars, a sophisticated layout editor for event detail, event calendar, upcoming event list and even event creation pages.JEvents Docs & Demo
Searchable Contact Directory
Contact Enhanced is an advanced Contact Directory for Joomla, giving your Contacts and Contact Forms more options, easier search, better navigation and more visibility options. CE has unlimited categories, custom access levels and customizable themes to ensure a professional look. Easily add and manage your contacts, even includes Import and Export tools to make bulk edits!
Each Contact page includes image, description, custom links (optional), even Map & Directions if you need it. Create separate Directories for Office Locations, Staff, Vendors, Donors, Board Members and much more. Access Control can also applies to Contacts and Contact Categories.More About CE
Crowdfunding & Donations
JGive is a powerful crowdfunding extension for Joomla to create fund-raising projects, accept donations or Investments, and keep donors updated on the project’s progress.
Whether you need to raise money for city projects, causes, charities, business ventures, special events or non-profit fundraisers, we'll show you how to to do it with ease.
Alerts and Annoucements
A responsive, feature rich Joomla! modal box, PopUpAholic is the fast and easy way to display news, alerts and information to your visitors without triggering 'pop-up blockers'.
- Responsive or Static Box: Choosing 'Responsive Box' will allow your popup box to fit into any screen size (desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone). Selecting 'Static Box' will bring up Width & Height options that you can set to your popup box needs.
- Set Box Timer: Adjust this setting to pre-select how long the popup box will show on page load. The higher the value the longer the popup box will stay active.
- Cookie expires in: No Cookie Session, Day(s), Hour(s), Minute(s). Adjust this option to your specific needs.
- Set Cookie Time: If above option is set to Day(s), Hour(s) or Minute(s) this option box will display. Here you enter a time value based on your selection above.
- Delay Popup on Page Load: If No, your popup box will 'popup' once the entire page finishes loading. If Yes, a new option box will show allowing you to set how long of a delay there will be before 'popping' up.
- Get box data from: The 'Above Custom HTML' will render everything you entered into the editor. Selecting 'External file' will allow you to import an external HTML file from your server path (or any other server path), embed a video from YouTube, a Google map, etc. to use in your popup box.
Joomla! CMS has a powerful site search engine that includes an Auto-Discovery dropdown as you type. Components such as Docman and JEvents come with plugins that integrate into Joomla! search.
- Result Description: This option controls whether search results should be shown with descriptions.
- Description Length: This option controls the maximum character length of the search result descriptions.
- Result URL: This option controls whether search results should be shown with URLs below the description (if enabled).
- Advanced Search: This option controls whether the advanced search options should be shown.
- Expand Advanced Search: The advanced search options are contained in a collapsible container.
- Date Filters: This option controls whether the date filters should be shown in the advanced search options.
- Result Labels: This option controls whether search results should be shown with Labels.
- Highlight Search Terms: This option controls whether search terms should be highlighted in search results
Need a place for employees to collaborate, share documents or get News? Our government & Non-Profit sites all come with an Employee section, accessible only to logged-in authorized users.
These Intranets come standard with front page News, Announcements, frequently accessed area links, with various Widgets to display this information in a concise and entertaining way. Slideshows, grid layouts, Easy Navigation and even Map Widgets come standard with our Intranets.
- Office-like functions and familiar buttons make formatting simple
- Upload, rename, delete, cut/copy/paste images and insert them into your articles using an intuitive and familiar interface
- Create Links to Categories, Articles, Weblinks and Contacts¹ in your site using a unique and practical Link Browser
- Easily tab between WYSIWYG, Code and Preview modes.
- Create Tables, edit Styles, format text and more...
- Integrated Spellchecking using your browser's Spellchecker
- Fine-grained control over the editor layout and features with Editor Profiles
Advanced, Easy-To-Use Widgets
Our sites come with a program called WidgetKit, a suite of widgets that include Slideshows, Galleries, Accordion lists, Menu Links and much more. All the effects, galleries and slideshows on this site is powered by WidgetKit. We will program all the Widgets you require.
We also program Quick Access Links to post news, add documents or access protected areas, and program it to display them on the right or left side of every page. Admins can easily add, modify or delete these links right on the page with our Editor Overlays.Explore Widgetkit
Advanced Menu System
Joomla's Menu system is far superior to many other CMS systems. With an easy to use interface, you can choose which menu to place a new link, choose the type of link from a dropdown list, user access level and even the "permalink".
We will setup all the menus and menu items you'll need such as employee resources, documents, forms and quick access items, and show you how to add, remove or change menus.
Automatic Backup and Restore
Akeeba Backup is the most widely used open-source backup component for the Joomla! CMS. Akeeba Backup creates a full backup of your site in a single archive. The archive contains all the files, a database snapshot and an installer similar in function to the standard Joomla! installer. The backup and restore process is AJAX powered to avoid server timeouts, even with huge sites.
- Backup just one click.
- AJAX backup (full site and database, just files or just certain files, database only) and restore the site.
- Fast PHP engine backup.
- The ability to exclude specific files and folders.
- The ability to exclude specific database tables or their contents.
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup.
Hacker Blocker Hosting is the first and only Hosting service that protects our clients from millions of verified hackers, spammers and bots, making your website invulnerable to their attacks.
Hacker Blocker Hosting uses proprietary technology to block millions of reported and verified hackers, spammers and bots from our hosting servers - without blocking real traffic.
Our system detects new attacks on our clients and updates our Firewalls every 5 minutes. See more about Hacker Blocker